Job Title: Quality Inspector
Department: Quality (Stamping or Fabrication)
Reports To: Quality Manager (Stamping or Fabrication)
The quality assurance inspector assures the consistent quality of production by developing and enforcing manufacturing practices and systems, validating processes, and providing the necessary documentation to ensure quality excellence. In this role the inspector will strive to achieve Quality Assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews, preparing, and completing action plans, implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards, identifying, and resolving problems, completing audits, determining system improvements as well as implementing change.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Quality Inspector will perform the quality activities described throughout the manufacturing plant as necessary and daily. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Inspection of incoming and outgoing products and materials to engineering specifications using basic test and measuring equipment.
- Ability to work with handheld gauges, such as callipers, micrometers, height gauges, pin gauges, thread gages, etc. Ability to work with an optical comparator.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and know definitions of critical, major, and minor characteristics.
- Ability to measure parts and determine if they are meeting print specifications. Inspect the first part against each measurement as indicated on print. Verify acceptable tolerance. Indicate completed inspection on corresponding inspection record.
- Choose and check the calibration of inspection equipment to be used.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspection of purchased parts, tight tolerance machined parts, stamped and fabricated parts, components, assemblies, and materials.
- Perform first article inspection, incoming, in-process and final inspections on new and revised parts.
- Generate, distribute, and file inspection reports as required.
- Document non-conforming product when detected. Attach Red Tag and/or Red NC tags to the non-conforming product.
- Timely completion of all paperwork associated with the position including NC tags. Complete and maintain all documentation per customer and/or internal requirements.
- Receives understands and follows all written and oral instruction.
- Contributes to team, company and QMS goals by initiating continuous improvement, accomplishing related results as required and working effectively with other employees and departments.
Must have measurement skillset and knowledge of Height Gage, Pin Gage, Optical Comparator, Blueprint Reading
- 2+ Years of experience performing close/tight tolerance mechanical inspections.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of GD&T is a plus
- Experience with Metal Stamping (Progressive Dies, Single Stork Dies) and/or Fabrication (Laser Cutting, Turret Punching, Forming, Welding and Assembly Processes)
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 (*Knowledge of IATF16949 would be a bonus)
- Strong Math Skills
- Strong communication and team-building skills are a must.
- Strong Computer Literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- CMM operating experience is a plus.
Location: Mundelein, IL.
Pay – Based on Experience