Job Title: Warehouse Manager
Reports To: BU Director
Prepared Date: June 6, 2022
Approved By: Human Resources
Job description – Warehouse Manager
The Warehouse Manager oversees the safe receipt, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of goods. They ensure workplace health and safety requirements are met and take responsibility for the security of the building and stock. They plan the arrangement of goods within the warehouse and organize special requirements for a certain stock, such as chilled goods or fragile products. They ensure productivity targets are met and maintain computerized administration and automated storage and retrieval systems. They manage teams of workers and deal with personnel issues such as the recruitment, training and discipline of staff. Some managers also oversee picking, packing and distribution activity.
Work activities to include:
Responsible for planning, administration and general management issues, which will include the day-to-day supervision of staff, and overseeing work organized by team leaders (who then report to the manager). Assist in the day-to-day activities as needed to ensure everything runs smoothly.
Additional activities may include:
- motivating, organizing and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity targets are met;
- training staff and monitoring their performance and progress;
- communicating with other departments, staff groups and customers;
- overseeing stock control and processing orders;
- ensuring quality, delivery and budget objectives are met;
- delivering and fulfilling objectives and directions from the operation’s headquarters;
- carrying out responsibilities for the use of automated and computerized systems;
- responding to and dealing with customer communication by email, fax and telephone;
- keeping stock control systems up to date and planning future capacity requirements;
- producing regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis;
- briefing team leaders on the issues for that particular day;
- ensuring the health, safety, cleanliness and security of the work environment;
- overseeing the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment;
- working with Purchasing on establishing correct inventory levels via VMI for packaging and material;
- ensuring the timely delivery of job packets to the Administration so jobs can be closed out quickly and correctly.
Desired Skills and Experience
- HS Diploma
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Shipping and Receiving.
- Minimum 2 years of management experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills along with flexibility and the ability to make decisions.
Location: El Paso, Texas Facility
Pay depends on experience.