Job Title: Tool & Die Maker
Department: Tool Room
Reports To: Tool Room Manager
Prepared Date: May 17, 2022
Larsen Manufacturing, located in Mundelein IL, founded in 1999, is a family-held, precision metal fabrication and stamping manufacturer that has built its business on a quality product that exceeds customer expectations. The company prides itself on innovative metal solutions using equipment and technologies to help our customers achieve their product requirements.
Summary: Experienced in Tool & Die Maker to build and maintain a wide range of progressive, compound, and secondary dies. Ability to prioritize/manage the workload of existing jobs in the tooling area. 1st Shift or 2nd Shift with a minimum of 40 hours per week and overtime available when needed. Reports directly to the Tool Room Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and troubleshoot new tooling per design requirements.
- Modify existing tooling per customer changes and requirements.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair tooling for continued operations of production orders.
- Perform changeovers on multiple part tooling.
- Support multiple company departments and divisions with any tooling needs.
- Communicate with department manager on the status of work.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Skills and Abilities Required
- High School Diploma and TMA certificate or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of Tool & Die experience
- Experience working in the Manufacturing industry
- Knowledge and operation of all tool room equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ability to follow procedures and instructions per ISO requirements
- Good written & verbal skills in English; Spanish Bilingual is a plus
- Ability and willingness to work overtime when necessary
- HQ in Mundelein, IL
Pay – Negotiable and based on experience.