The Quality Manager will lead the quality management from inception to production launch and throughout the production cycle according to ISO/IATF 16949 quality standards. This individual is responsible for maintaining compliance with the requirements established in the Quality Management System (QMS), ensuring overall integrity, as well as satisfying Customer Base. In this position, the individual will have technical leadership and will be ensuring the quality management system performance is evaluated, and areas that need improvement throughout the Fabrication or Stamping are identified and reported to the Quality Director. This person should have a commitment to excellence and be a good trainer and communicator. Also, strong leadership skills are necessary. Good knowledge and expertise in the metal stamping and fabrication industry are critical. The Quality Manager will also be responsible to manage the organization’s customer focus and response to customer-related quality issues and subsequent internal corrective actions.
- Strong GD&T knowledge and ability to read complex blueprints.
- Responsible for the Product Assurance (PPAPs, FAI’s, Control Plans, Process Capabilities Studies, GR&R and FMEA’s).
- Coordinating interplant quality assurance activities.
- Originating and implementing inspection procedures and plans.
- Recommending and originating necessary requests for measuring equipment.
- Support customers on all quality matters and resolve customer-related issues in a timely manner.
- Receiving direct communications relating to quality problems from customers, purchasing, engineering, quality, and other personnel. Initiate appropriate steps to address those internally.
- Answer the customer complaints, QR’s, CAR’s, 8D reports within the specified time frame.
- Reviewing and initiating Corrective Actions Reports (CAR’s). Implementing and assuring proper Corrective Actions within the plant.
- Implementing and assuring proper material dispositions and initiating material review board actions if necessary.
- Requesting Design and Manufacturing Engineering assistance to resolve complex customer concerns/complaints, if necessary.
- Assuring incoming, in-process and outgoing quality measured by PPM’s and COPQ KPI’s.
- Reviewing Internal, Customer and Registrar audit results and responsible for appropriate actions taken.
- Responsible for creation and handling of Non-Conformance Reports, Disposition of Nonconformance Materials/Products/Parts and Recording Cost or Poor Quality (COPQ) via UniPoint.
- Initiation of Quality Warnings/Alerts, Product Deviations or Waivers. Follow up with customers to ensure acceptance/approval of Product Deviations or Waivers.
- Administering necessary follow-up on historical problems. Notifying management of critical problem areas.
- Supervising quality personnel. Participating in the selection process for all inspection personnel. Interviewing and hiring quality engineering salaried personnel. Recommending and implementing disciplinary actions when needed.
- Interfacing with suppliers on Quality problems. Work with the supply chain team to resolve supplier/s related issues. Initiate CAR’s and 8D’s to suppliers and ensure it is completed.
- Surveying appropriate potential suppliers for quality capability.
- Acting as host for customer and auditor visitations.
- 4-year college degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Industrial)
- Experience with Metal Stamping and Fabrication
- Strong GD&T knowledge
- Quality engineering experience including Statistical Process Control (SPC), Six Sigma, LEAN and 5S’s
- Strong customer interface experience
- Ability to lead, mentor, coach and manage quality team
- Successful experience managing multiple quality projects
- ISO/IATF Internal Auditor
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Alena Kraskovska at firstname.lastname@example.org.