The Purchasing Assistant at Larsen Manufacturing will be the key link between the supply chain and manufacturing departments to ensure detailed and consistent communication throughout the manufacturing process. Working closely with the Manufacturing Manager, Production Supervisors and Engineering teams, this role will be critical to maintaining an efficient and lean manufacturing workflow at Larsen Manufacturing. The Purchasing Assistant will work hand in hand with the Purchasing Manager, so priorities and itemizations are executed effectively.
- Maintains positive relations with existing suppliers through the communication of company values, material requirements, and pricing objectives.
- Executes purchase orders for outside services and processes based on requisitions.
- Place purchase orders for materials based on planning reports and approved requisitions.
- Bi-weekly follow-up on all outside processing.
- Contacts suppliers regarding material problems, delivery delays, and inadequate quality, using supplier scorecards and other communication techniques.
- Prepare, maintain, and track order entries of all purchase orders.
- Expedite and manage vendor backorders.
- Review purchase order acknowledgements to ensure they coincide with the information stated on the purchase order.
- Investigate and resolve purchasing problems associated with components, drawings, part numbers, deliveries, and suppliers.
- Coordinates purchasing quality issues with QC department and suppliers.
- Work closely with Production, Quality, Logistics, and Corporate to ensure an elevated level of quality and customer service.
- 3+ years of progressive purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment, metal fabrication experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience with technical/ mechanical drawing, reading, and sketching.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/IATF16949 requirements.
- Proficient user of MS Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Strong decision-making ability and creative critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently and deliver results.
- Flexibility to take on multiple projects simultaneously with ever-changing deadlines and goals.
- Ability to interact at multiple levels within management and functional groups.
- Participation in special projects.
Candidate must have a “Whatever it takes!” attitude at Larsen Manufacturing.