MUNDELEIN – Full Time – Hourly Positions
2 Positions – 1st Shift and 2nd Shift
Must have 10 years of Paint Line Experience
Larsen Manufacturing Company Job Description
Job Title: Production Supervisor – Powder Coat Line (PcL)
Department: Larsen Specialty Powder Coat Division
Reports To: Production Manager (directly)BU Director (indirectly) – Specialty Division
Prepared Date: July 21, 2022
Approved By: Human Resource Department
Summary: Responsible for directing the day-to-day production operations of the Larsen Powder Coat Line (PcL), while being directly accountable to the Production Manager. Assist with meeting the following Goals/KPI’s: Profitability, OTD and COPQ. These have been defined in the Company’s
Quality Management System.. Assists with the maintenance of the PcL equipment and infrastructure.
Develop world-class manufacturing operations working closely with both the Production Manager and
BU Director using automation, QMS systems documentation, LEAN and 5S initiatives, and a team of empowered employees to continuously meet customer expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Can include at a minimum the following: other duties may be assigned by the Executive Committee.
- Oversee and direct the day-to-day operations.
- Oversee and implement production schedule.
- Supports Floor Leads. Leads by example.
- Assist with quoting parameters [line speed, line density (racking)] when requested to do so.
- Review all completed projects and associated closeouts with the Production Manager for profitability.
- Responsible for daily data entry for hours and powder usage of the PcL.
- Provides leadership by promoting team concepts, coaching, counselling, retaining, mentoring,
training, talent management, and individual development thru effective performance management.
- Cooperate with other departments to fulfil assigned tasks.
- Complete operating knowledge of newly purchased PcL.
- Trains and mentors, all employees associated with the PcL.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and obtain results through others.
- Demonstrating the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities using team effective problem solving/resolution skills.
- Supervises all activities resulting in the maintenance of the PcL.
- Knowledge of Business Units’ products/services from selling/markets, quoting, program management and manufacturing.
- Ability to influence & train others.
- Technical knowledge of metal fabrication and Powdercoat application.
PAY BASED ON EXPERIENCE