Larsen Manufacturing, founded in 1999, is a family-held, precision metal fabrication and stamping manufacturer that has built its business on a quality product that exceeds customer expectations. The company prides itself on innovative metal solutions using state-of-the-art equipment and technologies to help our customers achieve their product requirements.
Seeking an experienced Progressive Die Setter and Operator. Availability is on 1st and 2nd Shift with a minimum of 40-50 hours per week as a full-time position. This position reports directly to the Stamping Production Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set-up and operation of the press
- Setting up jobs in accordance with shop paper and/or press setup instructions
- Verification that setups are complete and safety measures are in place
- Inspection of cooler system with various support equipment
- Material Handling
- Reading and understanding the inspection blueprint for first piece approval and part print to make adjustments to equipment if needed
- Stopping production when known or suspected nonconforming conditions exist
- Must have excellent housekeeping skills and shop safety at all times.
- Ability to make or exceed required rates and set up times
- Work with supervisor to improve set up process/ repairs and/or order supplies.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Preferred High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience as a die set-up operator
- Experience and knowledge of various support equipment
- Must be able to work as a team member and not an individual
- Strong planning and organizational skills along with flexibility and the ability to make decisions
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; bilingual Spanish is a plus.
HQ in Mundelein, IL
- Previous experience in a warehouse or production environment preferred
- Familiarity with SolidWorks or other CAD software is a plus
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and blueprints
- Proficient in using hand tools and power tools
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions accurately
- Knowledge of quality control procedures and tooling techniques
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 – $35.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 – 45 per week
- Dental Insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10-hour shift
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate
Mundelein, IL 60060: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person