Job Title: Progressive Die Setter
Reports To: Stamping Supervisor
Larsen Manufacturing, founded in 1999, is a family-held, precision metal fabrication and stamping manufacturer that has built its business on quality products that exceed customer expectations. The company prides itself on innovative metal solutions using state of the art equipment and technologies to help our customers achieve their product requirements.
Summary: Seeking an experienced Progressive Die Setter and Operator. Availability is on 1st and 2nd Shifts with a minimum of 40-50 hours per week as a full-time position. This position reports directly to the Stamping Production Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set-up and operation of the press
- Setting up jobs in accordance with shop paper and/or press setup instructions
- Verification that setups are complete and safety measures are in place
- Inspection of cooler system with various support equipment
- Material Handling
- Reading and understanding inspection blueprint for first piece approval and part print to make adjustments to equipment if needed
- Stopping production when known or suspected nonconforming conditions exist
- Must have excellent housekeeping skills and shop safety at all times.
- Ability to make or exceed required rates and set up times
- Work with supervisor to improve set up process/ repairs and/or order supplies.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Preferred High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience as die set-up operator
- Experience and knowledge of various support equipment
- Must be able to work as a team member and not as an individual
- Strong planning and organizational skills along with flexibility and the ability to make decisions
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; bilingual Spanish is a plus.
HQ in Mundelein, IL
Pay: Salary Negotiable and based on experience