Job Title: Quality Roaming Inspector
Department: Quality (Stamping)
Reports To: Quality Manager (Stamping)
Prepared Date: June 6, 2022
Approved By: Human Resources
Summary: Level 1
The quality assurance inspector assures the consistent quality of production by developing and enforcing manufacturing practices and systems, validating processes, and providing the necessary documentation to ensure quality excellence. In this role the inspector will strive to achieve Quality Assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards identifying and resolving problems, completing audits, determining system improvements as well as implementing change.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Quality Inspector will perform the described quality activities throughout the manufacturing plant as necessary and on a daily basis. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Roam production floor and complete in-process inspection
- Visual checks of the products during the roaming
- Incoming, In-Process Inspections and Final audits
- Perform visual and simple dimensional inspection of raw materials, plated, anodized, heat-treated and painted parts.
- Generate, distribute and file inspection reports as required.
- Document non-conforming product when detected. Attach Red Tag and Red HC tags to the non-conforming product.
- Complete and maintain all documentation per customer and/or internal requirements. File material and product certificates.
- Ability to learn how to work with handheld gauges, such as callipers, micrometres, height gauges, pin gauges, etc.
- 2+ Years of experience performing inspections
- Experience with Metal Stamping and/or Fabrication (Laser Cutting, Forming, Welding and Assembly Processes)
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 (*Knowledge of IATF 16949 would be a bonus)
- Strong Math Skills
- Ability to read blueprints
- Strong Computer Literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Location: El Paso, Texas Facility
Pay depends on Experience